The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program, offered by the University of Toronto, stands as a beacon of academic excellence, leadership development, and cross-cultural collaboration. Beyond mere financial support, this scholarship embodies a commitment to fostering global citizenship, empowering future leaders, and paving the way for a brighter, more interconnected world.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Total 37 scholarships are available for undergraduate studies. This scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
The purpose of this scholarship is to acknowledge global students who show outstanding academic achievement and creativity and who are acknowledged as leaders in their college. Particular emphasis is put on the effect the student has had on the lives of their college and society and on their future ability to make a positive contribution to the worldwide society.
Honoring a Visionary Leader
Named after the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson, this scholarship program echoes his legacy of diplomacy, commitment to education, and belief in the power of cooperation on a global scale. Through this scholarship, the University of Toronto celebrates Pearson’s ideals by providing deserving international students with the tools and resources to follow in his footsteps.
A Bridge to Excellence
Situated at the heart of one of the world’s most diverse and vibrant cities, the University of Toronto is renowned for its academic rigor, cutting-edge research, and inclusive learning environment. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program serves as a bridge, connecting talented students from around the world to the university’s distinguished faculties and fostering their growth into future leaders.
Scholarship Structure and Selection Process
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is highly competitive, with a rigorous selection process that reflects the university’s commitment to identifying outstanding candidates. Selected students receive a tuition waiver, a living stipend, and an opportunity to participate in a leadership development program. To be considered, applicants typically require a nomination from their high school or secondary school and demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, leadership qualities, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
Available programs at the University of Toronto
Below is the list of some undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto.
- Anthropology (HBA)
- Applied Statistics
- Art, Art History and Arts Management
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Biological Chemistry
- Cinema Studies
- Classical Civilization, Classical Studies
- Communication, Culture, Information, and Technology (Joint Program with Sheridan College)
- Computer Science
- Criminology, Law & Society
- Digital Enterprise Management (Joint Program with Sheridan College)
- Earth Science
- Ecology and Evolution
- Education Studies
- English Language Linguistics, English Literature, English/Chinese Translation
- Environmental Sciences
- Ethics, Society and Law
- Financial Economics
- Food Studies
- Forensic Science
- Geography, Geographic Information Science, Geographical Information Systems
- Mathematical Sciences
- Media, Journalism & Digital Cultures
- Mental Health Studies
- Music, Culture and more. Please click here for full list
Lester B Pearson Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently, in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023;
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
How to Apply for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to Undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Therefore, to apply for this scholarship to study in Canada, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in this program.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time the scholarship decisions are made.
- Once your nomination is received, and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program embodies the University of Toronto’s dedication to nurturing global citizens and empowering visionary leaders. By offering not only financial support but also a platform for cross-cultural learning, leadership development, and collaboration, this scholarship program serves as a catalyst for transformation. It shapes the leaders of tomorrow, fostering a community of change-makers who will address the world’s challenges with empathy, intelligence, and a global perspective.