The University of British Columbia (UBC), nestled in the scenic landscapes of Vancouver, Canada, is no exception. Through its diverse range of Undergraduate Scholarships, UBC not only supports academic achievement but also fosters leadership, innovation, and a commitment to positive change. These scholarships embody the university’s dedication to empowering students and nurturing a community of future leaders.
A Legacy of Academic Distinction
UBC’s reputation as a globally renowned institution for higher education is underscored by its commitment to academic excellence and innovation. Its Undergraduate Scholarships serve as a testament to this legacy, offering students from various backgrounds the means to unlock their potential, engage in transformative experiences, and contribute to their fields of interest.
Championing a Range of Scholarships
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships encompass a wide spectrum of academic disciplines and criteria, ensuring that students pursuing diverse areas of study can benefit from these opportunities. From arts to sciences, engineering to humanities, these scholarships recognize and celebrate diverse talents and aspirations.
Types of Scholarships
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Awarded to students with exceptional academic achievements, these scholarships celebrate scholastic excellence and provide recognition for hard work and dedication.
- Leadership Scholarships: UBC values the impact of leadership in driving positive change. These scholarships acknowledge students who have demonstrated leadership skills through their contributions to their communities or schools.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships: Celebrating diversity and the importance of varied perspectives, these scholarships are aimed at supporting underrepresented groups in their pursuit of higher education.
Application and Selection Process:
The application process for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships varies based on the specific scholarship and its eligibility criteria. Generally, applicants apply for admission to their chosen program and then indicate their interest in available scholarships. Some scholarships may require supplementary materials such as essays, recommendation letters, or statements of purpose.
UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students Benefits
The International Major Entrance Scholarships (up to four years) and the Outstanding International Student Award (one time) are automatically awarded to all eligible international students at the time of admission. The number and the value of the award depend on available funding. For more details, please contact the university.
Available Programs at the University of British Columbia
The list of available undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia is shown below:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urbanism
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of International Economics
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Media Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Resource Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Bioeconomy Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Global Resource Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources Conservation
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Urban Forestry.
UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students Eligibility
To be considered for these scholarships to study in Canada, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES and OIS eligibility.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Have applied to UBC by January 15, 2023.
- MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship to Study in Canada or USA;
- University of Windsor Entrance Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- Dalhousie University Scholarships.
How to Apply for the UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students
You will be considered for these scholarships shortly after you receive an offer of admission to the University of British Columbia. Therefore, those willing to benefit from these scholarships to study in North America need to contact the university and apply for admission to undergraduate programs.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships symbolize the university’s dedication to nurturing academic brilliance, leadership, and positive change. By providing financial support, fostering personal growth, and creating pathways to innovation, these scholarships empower students to unlock their potential and shape a future of progress and impact. UBC’s commitment to cultivating excellence and fostering a community of leaders solidifies its place as a premier institution that empowers students to achieve their aspirations and contribute to a better world.